- how to solve simple algorithmic problems
- how to make asymptotic analysis of the running time
- basic abstract data type and their implementation in Python
- general design techniques for solving algorithmic problems
- algorithms for searching and sorting
This course is a basic introduction to the data structures and algorithms used in informatics. During the course students gain basic skills in algorithm design, construction, analysis and knowledge of basic types of data structures such as arrays, lists, stacks, queues, trees and hash tables. Furthermore, basic sorting and searching algorithms for data structures will be discussed.