Or do you just use "powerpoint"? If you need some inspiration on creating better presentation materials to go with your lectures, don't miss this course.
Teacher / Author
Jihočeská univerzita v Českých Budějovicích, Teologická fakulta
RequirementsTime: 40 hours
The course consists of a collection of texts that aim at inspiring you to see your presentation materials (slides, handouts, posters, etc.) in a new perspective. Together with general presentation design principles, you will learn practical tips to reinvent your slides and give power to your presentations/lectures. The focus is on the best use of visual aids used in presentations and specifically on the use of the Microsoft Office PowerPoint slides. However, the course is not a technical computer guide to physically using PowerPoint, but a guide to the creation and deployment of the right kind of slide material.
- INTRODUCTION: Presenting in Today's World / Beyond Bullet Points
- PRESENTATION ZEN vs. DEATH BY POWERPOINT: The PowerPoint Detox / The Presentation Ecosystem / Creating Ideas, Not Slides
- PREPARATION: What to avoid in your slides? / Planning Analog / Thinking Like a Designer
- CRAFTING THE STORY: Setting Up Your Storyboard and Narration
- SIMPLICITY IS THE ULTIMATE SOPHISTICATION: Presentation Design Principles and Techniques / Creating Diagrams / Displaying Data / Using Visual Elements / Adding Graphics to Your Slides
- WORKING EFFICIENTLY: Using templates
- INTERACTING WITH SLIDES: Delivering Your BBP Presentation
- TO SUM UP: Best practice?
- FROM SLIDES TO SLIDE-DOCS: Presenting on paper
- AFTERWORD: ...and Thank You.
How to sign up?
The course is available to USB employees for free. To sign up for the course, just go to the link below.